Saturday, February 19, 2011

Our Firenze Holiday

Wednesday, February 16

Our bags have returned to us from their own mini-holiday!  There were moments when I seriously doubted we would ever see them again.  Now, we have clean socks...and other important things.

Today, it is raining.  Today, we collect our rental car.  Today, we drive to Lucca...in the rain, and turn around and return to Firenze.  We take the wrong exit and get quite lost, which is really kinda cool because it gives us a chance to see parts of Firenze we would normally not see, and, it gives us a chance to get the feel of our new, if temporary, home.

We are staying in the Hotel Santa Maria Novella with a room that overlooks the Piazza Santa Maria Novella; I set up my tripod and get a time exposure of the piazza and the Grand Hotel Minerva.  The benches in the piazza are pretty cool; a number of them have lights that shine from under the edges.


Piazza Santa Maria Novella

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful night shot. And I have a friend whose grandparents and extended family are from Lucca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Steve!
    I have been trying to write you with the email contact provided but it's not going through...not sure if I am the only one who is having a problem with it...
    I just wanted to let you know how your comment made me laugh and also, found your website-it's amazing! Your photography really is something spectacular, never ceases to amaze.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the "heads-up", Anika! I had no idea that email link was going nowhere! I fixed it just now.

    Also, thank you so much for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete