Sunday, January 23, 2011

Tagline Roulette - Volume II, Edition 1 - "Paris"


I have a list of words, currently numbered at 161, and each week I go to an online random number generator to get...(Wait for it!)...a  randomly generated number! I use this number to point me to the tag word that I'll use to create a pool of images by Etsy POE Team members.  As words get used, I cross them off the list, give the other words a chance, you know?  Well, it's a new year and we're starting over.  I've added a few new words and un-crossed the crossed out words.   

It should be noted that the "tag word" in no way dictates a theme, it is merely part of the search criteria used to create the image pool.  This week our random word turned out to be "Paris" which produced a collection of 6 pages and 203 listings.  

Originally, my target in this feature was to put together a collection of 10 images or so, but holding the line here at only "10 images" proved difficult, so I decided to just go with what I feel.  Ten images is now my minimum, and my maximum depends on the number of images in the pool and how I feel about things.  I don't want to feature so many images that folks might get bored looking at them, and once I start approaching 20 images, posting them starts to get to be a drag, so now my limit falls somewhere between "10" and "folks might get bored / this is getting to be a drag".

This week we ended up with a collection of 26 images.  Please take a look; I hope you enjoy them as much as I have!

Oh, and as always, please feel free to send me your word suggestions!

paris rooftops 3 - enchantedpond



Sidewalk Cafe - TheLeftBank



lights of paris - mkendall



Somewhere in Paris a man and a dog go for a walk... - dragonflyphotography



Eiffel Tower on the Seine - jerseymaids



French Gold - henatayeb



On River Seine - SolsticePhoto



Lantern - jrzygirlphotography



Paris Rooftops - emelephotography



Paris Street--Walk - Ketzelphotography



Yellow Chairs - buckscountyframes



Vintage Perfume Bottle (Still Life in Sepia) - PhotoGrunt



Postcard of Eiffel Tower - lesleypayne



Sparkling Eiffel Tower - TweelingPhotography



Birds of a Feather - FlashForward



Paris Promenade - TooArtfulForYou



Black Coffee - galleryoncentral



Peek a Boo - reflectionsoflight



Le Grand Palais - MarcoLaGrenouille



Candles at the Notre Dame - RandomAbstracts



from atop the hill ... - levansphotography



cafe - pinkiestyle



Studio Move Parisian Cafe - starrybluesky



Ze Eiffel Tower - tinyturk



Paris Musee d'Orsay - mesmanimages



Eiffel Tower - magalerie

11 comments:

  1. Great collection! Thanks for including my candles pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for including my photograph in your blog post - you've chosen some very lovely images of Paris (one of my favorite places).

    Best regards,

    Martha @ Dragonfly Photography

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your theme today is lovely. I like seeing all these photos of landmarks and pieces of life in France. It is also fun to be included with such an outstanding group.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This collection leaves me breathless! I'm honored that you have included my photo of the interior of the Musee D'Orsay, titled Paris Promenade. I spent a very memorable week in Paris with my daughter and these photos really take me back... Many, many thanks.

    best regards from phipps @ TooArtfulForYou

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mkendall, Magalerie - I just love this two.So special.
    Greetings from Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a gorgeous collection! I'm so thrilled to be included! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful collection !
    I love paris rooftops 3 by enchantedpond and from atop the hill ... by levansphotography.
    And thank you for including my photo here :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photo collection!
    Greetings,Zondra Art

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great collection!
    I recently had some of my images from Paris printed, and I fell in love with it all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just discovered your blog and love your selections bravo ;o)

    ReplyDelete