Friday, January 8, 2010

Henry's Crime

What was Henry's Crime? Robbing a bank in Buffalo, only he didn't really, but he did get sent up for it just the same. So, having done the time, he sets out to then do the crime; yes, the sequence of events is a little back-asswards, but that's what sometimes drives movie plot lines. Or, at least it does in this case.

"Henry's Crime" is a Keanu Reeves vehicle, billed as a "romantic comedy". It's currently in production and due to be released sometime this year.

"Henry's Crime" is a movie; it's a movie that's not even out yet.

This is a photographer's blog.

Why am I even talking about it?

Well, last week I got this e-mail, see, like right out of the blue. It says it's from this production company that's making this movie and the set decorator would like to use some of my photos as set dressing to help turn a South American restaurant into a French Bistro.

My first thought is, "Riiiiiight!" I may have been born at night, but I wasn't born last night, you know what I mean? So, in the spirit of "due diligence" I do some checking. Come to find out, Keanu Reeves really is making a movie called "Henry's Crime" and they really are interested in my photos.

Bottom line, they want to use 3 of my photos for their movie. I'm not making a ton of money here; I'm not even busting 3 figures; heck, I'm not even busting the half way mark to 3 figures, but hey, it's a little bit of folding money, plus a screen credit, plus some bragging rights, so I figure, "What the heck?"

With any luck my photos will stay off the cutting room floor and make it on screen.

I like happy endings, don't you?







2 comments:

  1. Fantastic images! I hope you don't end up on the cutting room floor either. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well how cool is that? congrats!!

    ReplyDelete